Saturday 5 January 2013

More waiting

We drove down South on the 3rd, it was a 7 hour drive.  We stayed over at my Grandparents' house, and on the 4th we drove to the courthouse.  It was weird being back in the witness area.  The last time I was there, I was full of uncertainty and just praying and hoping that the jury would find him guilty.

This time around, I was getting myself ready for finally facing him, for looking him in the eye and showing him that he did not break me, that I am strong, that I have the rest of my life to live.

But as it turned out, that didn't happen.  He was meant to have been interviewed by the probation service in December, to see what - if any - type of threat he is.  The probation service didn't interview him.  Which meant the sentencing could not be done.  Which meant that we had come all this way for nothing.

It wasn't the police's fault, and it wasn't the judicial system.  It appears to just be one of those things, a mis-communication.  However, that doesn't make it any less frustrating.

I had geared myself up for seeing him.  I had hardly slept the previous night.  I was anxious, yet determined.  I was ready to face him.  And then I was told that that wasn't going to happen.  I was about ready to burst in to tears of frustration.

So we drove back up North.  Exhausted.

The new sentencing date is on the 16th of this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment