Tuesday 13 September 2011

Wondering

My Police liason officer (PLO) contacted me yesterday. He said that they brought 'the suspect' in for more questioning but that he refused to even say one word. So the police have made an appointment with the CPS (Criminal Prosecution Service). It takes 4 weeks to get an appointment. They will then present all the evidence they have to them. It will then take a further 4 weeks for the CPS to decide whether there's enough evidence to take him to trial or not.

So that's 8 weeks in total, which means I'll know by mid-November.

However, I've decided I'm going to ignore the timetable that the police keep giving me. It keeps changing! First I was told I would know by mid-summer whether it would go trial or not. Then it was going to be early in 2012. Now it's mid-November.

Wondering when I'll find out whether there will be a trial and when that trial will be is stressing me out. So I'm going to try and stop myself from thinking about it. I know it won't work, but all this wondering isn't doing me any good. All I can think about is 'when will I know?'

This waiting game is horrible. All this wondering. So I'm going to do my best not to think about it, until I know for definite.

I doubt it will work, but still, I have to try. I need to live my life, not sit there wondering what's going to happen.

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment