Friday 27 January 2012

Charges

I've just heard from my police liason officer. He's not being charged for raping me. He is being charged for other things, which I can't go in to detail about just yet. But when I can, I will write it here.

But he's not being charged for raping me. There's not enough evidence. To say I'm dissapointed is an understatement. I feel pretty deflated. Everything I went through, everything he put me through, and he's not being charged for it. I wanted my day in court - I wanted to face him, to show him that he hasn't beaten me, that I'm a survivor and that I'm strong. I wanted to stand up to him, I wanted to look at him and show him that he doesn't scare me.

That's been taken away from me. And I feel empty right now.

But, like I said, he is being charged with other things. I can't go into detail, but I will keep you updated.

I will, however, say that despite not being charged for raping me, overall it's a cause for celebration. Even though right now I don't feel like celebrating - a good thing has happened and my faith in the justice system has been restored.

2 comments:

  1. You are still a hero Vicky and a inspiration to others with the same problems to come out and have the guts to go up against this guy.. Maybe you will still have your day with these other charges.. And isn't it your doing that brought this criminal to justice and for all these other charges which is now upon him? I believe that this is not over yet and you will still.. Get your day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought I'd share a couple of things that came up on my Facebook feed today:
    http://narf-archive.com/pix/6a06220f5ce9bd2f084f1a4206848c2f71f63b32.jpg
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150670613570809&set=a.10150124122295809.311476.643355808&type=1&ref=nf

    ReplyDelete