Sunday 22 January 2012

God

Sometimes it's difficult to see the light when you're surrounded in darkness. There times when I feel so overwhelmed by everything, I can barely breath. There are times when I don't know how I'm going to make it. There are times when I feel almost buried by everything.

But then I feel it. His love for me. He gives me strength. He gives me courage. He forgives. I know that He is hurting for me as well, that when my tears fall, so do His. I know that He feels my pain. And I know that all the pain I'm feeling isn't even a fraction of the pain that He went through to save me.

I know I don't talk about it often. And people often ask me how I can be a Christian when He 'allowed' me to be abused and raped. To those people, please read my entry on it here.

So, I know I don't talk about it often. But God gives me my strength to keep fighting.

I know that all the suffering that we go through as human beings is nothing compared to the suffering that He went through to save us.

He loves me. He loves me so much that He died for me to take away my sins, so that I could be with Him forever.

His love and forgiveness gives me the strength to keep fighting. He gives me the courage to never give up. It is because of Him that I make it through those times that are the most desperate, because I know that no matter what, He will always love me.

He is there for me, in my darkest hour and in my finest moments.

And that is truly amazing.

1 comment: