Sunday 21 October 2012

29 days

The trial starts on the 19th November.  29 days from now.  I'm dreading it and want it to be over.  I've been having a lot of nightmares recently as well.  I think the closer the trial gets, the more difficulty I'll have sleeping.  Which isn't great, considering I have enough trouble sleeping as it is!

I'm dreading going on the stand and giving evidence.  I'm dreading being cross-examined by the defense.  I know that I will be put on trial, not him.  (That makes sense, right?  I mean, if someone was robbed then the victim would definitely be put on trial, not the robber...)  Anyway.

There is some good news though - the university has granted me my concession!  This means that I can start year 2 again in October 2013.  Fantastic news.  I had been quite worried that they would tell me that I would have to start from first year, or that I had to drop out altogether.  Can't fault my uni - they've been amazing.  Am SO pleased I can go back next year.

Even though I'm not at university, I've been going back to visit my friends.  I don't live to far, so it's easy enough to travel down to see them.  I definitely miss the social side of being at university, but I know that there is no way that I could be studying right now.  I really wanted to, I didn't want to take another year out. But it really is for the best - hopefully in a year's time I'll have managed to put this behind me and really be able to focus on my studying.

Next Tuesday one of the colleges at university will be showing the documentary "I Never Said Yes" in the evening.  It looks to be a very good documentary, with the reporter interviewing rape victims as well as those in authority about how the system is failing rape victims.  I think it will be difficult to watch, but I'm also looking forward to it.  I hope it's good - and I hope people turn up to see it.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Vicky - and give me a text if you need anything at all. Oh - and that documentary is ace :-) xx

    ReplyDelete