Thursday 15 November 2012

Compartmentalising

I've always thought that I wasn't any good at compartmentalising my life, but it turns out I am.  I've just come off the phone with my new Police Liaison Officer (who seems like a lovely person).  She's told me more about what will happen when I get to London.  The lead Detective on the case (the kick-ass one that I really like), will be meeting me at the hotel so that I can re-read my statement.  That's going to be pretty draining.

Then on Monday, I'll meet up with my PLO at 9.45am and enter the courthouse through the side door and be taken to the witness area.  We will also find out for definite if my Mum has to testify, as at the minute it's looking like she is.  She's obviously not looking forward to that.

So, I've just been told this.  I could sit and digest it now and think 'holy crap, in 4 days I'll be in the courthouse'.  Or I can get on with my life.  I'm choosing the second option.

I have BSL class tonight and then I'm going out with a friend.  Tonight is a night for me - and I'm going to have a great time.  I can think about all of the other stuff tomorrow, or Saturday or Sunday.  But not tonight.   Tonight, I am a rape survivor, not a victim.  Tonight I'm going to spend time with a good friend and have fun!

1 comment: