Friday 9 November 2012

Today

Today is my best friend's birthday.  She would be 26.  Today should be a day of celebration.  Today is a day of mourning, of remembering the beautiful person that she was.

She was my best friend, and I often wonder what I'd done so right in my life to have such an amazing best friend as her.  She had a wicked sense of humour and a mischievous twinkle in her eye.  I have so many memories of us together, laughing.  She would come out with the most hilarious expressions that would have everyone in stitches.

She was extremely smart and knew what she wanted.  Once she was convinced of something, there was no changing her mind.  She could be very stubborn.  We would often have heated debates, sometimes over a glass of wine, sometimes in the middle of a coffee shop.

No matter what she was going through, she was always there for her family and friends.

Every day without her is difficult.  She was an amazing person and I'm so incredibly thankful to have had her in my life.  I can't even begin to describe how painful and difficult life without her is.  Every day without her is painful, it's a pain that runs deep and won't ever go away, it's a pain that tears at your very being. 

The world has lost it's colour, the world is a darker place without her in it.

I know that the best way to honour her is to live my life, because she was so full of life and was determined to make the most of hers.  Which she did - she truly made the most of her life, and she inspired so many people, she really was an angel on earth.  But honouring her does not make the pain go away or any more bearable.

Today I bought a birthday card & some flowers, and put them in my church.  Today, like every day, I talked to my best friend.  Today I wished her a happy birthday.

I would give anything to talk to her, to hear her laugh, to hug her just one more time.  But I can't, because Heaven has gained an angel.

Today is my best friend's birthday.

Happy Birthday Tinkerbell.


No comments:

Post a Comment